Monday, August 8, 2011

The Tub

There is no chore I loathe more than cleaning the tub. I absolutely hate it. Here is a short list of things I would rather do than clean the tub.

Bungee jump
Wash the dog
Go to the dentist (I cheated on that one. I've never had a cavity so going to the dentist is fun. Kind of like entering-my-quilt-into-the-fair-fun.)
Cook for say, 12 people
Sleep in a room with 10 middle schoolers

Seriously. I abhor cleaning the tub. It makes my back hurt, I get all sweaty... In fact, today I put my AC on MegaCool so that when I got done I could just cool down quickly.

What was I thinking when I chose this 6ft tub? I'll tell you what I was thinking. I was thinking "David would love this tub. We are not taking our old hot tub to our new house and so this is the next best thing." So basically, you might say this big tub is David's fault.

I had put it off long enough and finally worked myself up to cleaning that thing today. To ease the pain I thought I would show off my clean tub. Here ya go.





Notice the nice shiny sparkles! Oh how beautiful is a clean tub! Incidentally, I cleaned up to where my head reaches. *gasp!* I'll get the top next time. But isn't it clean and sparkly?! Just ignore the spots above 5 feet.




Here are my cleaning products. I actually only used one product. For some reason when I am at the store I think that different products might make the chore easier, or somehow more pleasant. I am wrong, friends. Nothing actually makes this chore pleasant. Even if someone were feeding me grapes while I scrubbed.







Here is something else that doesn't make it fun. Gloves. I am allergic to latex. But they don't make these long gloves in a latex-free option! Whyyyyy?!






On another note, I would like the glove companies to come out with cleaning gloves for your feet. When I clean my tub I GET IN THE TUB so that I don't hurt my back by LEANING OVER it. So my feet are getting these chemicals all over them and drying out my feet. And you know what happens when my feet are really dry? I can't sleep.

1 comment:

  1. you are such a goof! But I can totally relate. I wish I knew how to put little "shine" and "sparkle" quotes all over my pictures of a clean tub, perhaps it would motivate me more too! hahaha

    ReplyDelete