Monday, August 8, 2011

PC vs. Laptop

Grrr. I'm so frustrated! I buy lots of photography books, and I actually read them mostly cover-to-cover. I am constantly learning and improving (hopefully) my craft. However, in one book it had warned about computer screens and the importance of having a good monitor.

Well, I have been doing a lot of my photo processing on my laptop in the comfort of my bedroom and posting pictures like crazy. So, I get on the PC the first time in awhile and I'm seeing that a lot of my pictures look CRAPPY. I think they are overly contrasted and too dark. Also, I have been trying to cut down on storage issues and I haven't been keeping most of my pre-processed photos.

Lesson learned: save both original AND post-processed photo on hard drive. Can't believe I wasn't already doing that. Good thing I'm not a photo hoarder though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment